1. What is a security code?
The security code is a 3 digit number designated by you. You will be asked to enter your security code when placing calls. Security codes are used for your added security, and to enable multiple users to use the 'pinless dialing' feature when dialing from the same phone number.
TIP: Here is a useful way to use the security code:
A roommate (or another member from same household) wants to sign-up to CallAGM.com under a new account. They would still be able to utilize the 'pinless dialing' feature, because all they need to do is enter their security code to distinguish themselves from their roommate.
2. How do I edit a security code?
You can edit your security code by doing the following:
1. On the main account screen, under "Account Profile", click on "Edit Security Code."
2. Type the new security code in the box provided.
3. Next re-type your new security code in the box provided to confirm your entry.
4. Click on the "Update" button.
3. When do I use the security code?
You will be asked this number when placing a phone call.
4. What happens to my personal data entered online?
5. Is it safe to signup and/or add money to my AGM Communications prepaid account online?
We are equipped with the SSL Certificate to provide you with a high level of security and protection of your information. Strong encryption methods are put into practice and all the sensitive information is encrypted.